Sunday, August 9, 2009

NOT What You Want to Find In the Washer


A diaper. yes. A DIAPER.

I sorted the clothes... I swear I did. And, how did a diaper get in the laundry room???

I have an upside down house. It is very cool, but I have found several undesirables that I never would have thought of until I lived here. My kitchen, living room and master are upstairs, and three bedrooms, a bathroom and a large laundry room are downstairs. It was so unique and exciting to me when we first saw it.

Well, my little Lily who is now 20 months old loves to throw things from the upstairs to the downstairs. There is a banister above the lover half of the stairs, so when she throws things over they land pretty close to the hallway below. Well, I also throw dirty laundry over the stairs when I am going down to wash clothes. Or, I throw them over and yell to my 11 year old, Adrienne, to take them to the laundry room.

Lately, Lily has been trying to snatch diapers after changing and throw them down. I usually catch it, but I guess I didn't this time. FORTUNATELY it was a #1 diaper, if it was a used diaper at all. All of the unused diapers are in a cupboard, but I wouldn't put it past her to gain acees to it. #2 diapers are immediately taken to the outside garbage can, but #1 go to an inside diaper can. I guess I dropped the ball. Ugh.
Lily the culprit

So... I opened the washer to switch the clothes to the dryer and immediately am taken back by the buildup inside the door (front loader). These mushy, puffy bead like clumps are everywhere. And wouldn't you know that I threw some of my husband's Harley Davidson shirts in that load. Dark clothes with bits of fuzzy white material all over them will make you feel sick.

I took everything out, used several baby wipes to clean all the nooks and crannies of washer and restarted the load. This time I put it on heavy soil with an extra rinse. I will keep my fingers crosssed :).

No comments: